To apply for any of our current vacancies:
Write in confidence with a full CV and covering letter, including your current salary, to Human Resources Administration, Blackburn Starling & Company Limited, Queens Drive, Nottingham, NG2 3AY.
Download and complete the Employment Application Form included in the Associated Documents section at the side of this page, then email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Skilled / Semi Skilled Sheet Metal Fabricator
Working on light to medium fabrications, applicants must have a minimum of 3 years sheet metal working experience. Duties include MIG & TIG welding various metals. Applicants must be able to work to engineering production drawings with minimum supervision. Previous experience using CNC sheet metal machinery is preferred but not essential.
Skilled / Semi Skilled Control Panel Wirers
Working in a clean, modern and lean manufacturing environment, applicants must be fully conversant with schematic wiring diagrams and have the ability to assemble and wire control panels. Previous experience of wiring control panels is preferred but not essential as training will be provided covering the specific aspects of our equipment.
Sales & Tendering Engineer
Working as part of a small team within our busy tendering / engineering office and reporting directly to the Tendering Manager, duties include; preparing tenders for low voltage motor control centres/switchboards/control panels etc., following up completed tenders and progressing to order status, external communication with customers and liasing internally with the engineering / commercial departments. Applicants must be educated in electrical or control engineering and have attained the necessary qualification – degree, HND, HNC, ONC or completed and approved apprenticeship – and have gained the appropriate experience in a similar role. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be conversant with Microsoft Excel, have the ability to work to tight deadlines, be flexible in their approach and have a positive and proactive approach when dealing with customers.
Based in our Systems Integration Department and reporting to our Project Managers, the roles will involve:
• Management of specific projects through to completion.
• System design, software programming, testing, commissioning and documentation to meet the customer’s requirements and the specific contract specifications.
• Programming software using the latest technology and preferred engineering techniques.
The ideal candidate will have a range of skills and experience including;
• Programming of the following PLC and SCADA systems; Mitsubishi (GC Works/IEC Developer), Siemens S7 (TIA Portal), Rockwell (RS Logix 5/500/5000), Intellution IFix, Siemens WinCC.
• Knowledge of Industrial Networks architecture such as Devicenet and Profibus would be an advantage.
• Computer literate.
• Familiarity with the full project lifecycle from understanding of the customer requirement specification through to commissioning.
• Working to ISO9001:2008 quality standards.
• Good interpersonal skills across the spectrum of a typical controls and integration contract.
• A minimum of 2 years SCADA & PLC programming experience.
• An HNC or equivalent in an Engineering Discipline.
Electrical Project & Design Engineer(s)
Working in our busy Design and Engineering Department and reporting to our Project Managers, applicants must have previous experience in the design of LV Switchgear and Motor Control Centres/Control Panels. The ideal candidate will be computer literate and have excellent communication skills. The ability to manage the full project lifecycle (e.g. production of general arrangement drawings, schematic wiring diagrams, bill of materials, test documentation, methos statements/risk assessments etc.) is essential. Knowledge of the relevant British Standards is desirable.
Equal Opportunities Policy:
It is the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy that no job applicant or existing employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, marital status, disability or religious beliefs, or is disadvantaged by conditions that cannot be shown to be justifiable. The Equal Opportunities Policy aims to ensure that the terms of the relevant Acts of Parliament are properly applied and the terms and recommendations of the associated Codes of Practice are implemented positively and put into practice throughout the company.