Due to continued expansion at Blackburn Starling an opportunity has arisen for a Fabrication Design Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will undertake the detailed mechanical and fabrication design of our products (i.e. including Panel and Sub-Contract) in accordance with the established Company standards and to provide designs to production which will allow manufacture in an efficient and timely manner.
The job holder will report to the Engineering Manager.
To prioritise workload (in conjunction with the Engineering Manager) and ensure that designs are issued to the Factory to keep Production effectively employed and to meet the overall dates required by the Company and its’ Clients.
- To design and document in compliance with the Quality Management System of the Company.
- To be involved, where identified, in product enhancement and development with the Engineering Manager, Chief Engineer or Technical Director.
- To ensure that the Company Standards are maintained and developed to ensure that the manufacture of the parts is undertaken in an efficient manner, using the correct tools, maximising sheet utilisation (i.e. using multiple nesting where agreed), increasing machine run times etc.
- To develop efficiencies and enhancements to maximise design output and reduce waste.
- To provide innovative solutions and improvements to the product design and working practices to create efficiencies within the Business.
- To be responsible for the Mechanical/Fabrication Design, Development and Technical Liaisons with Suppliers, Factory and Site associated with all orders assigned.
- To investigate and develop alternative working systems (e.g. 3D CAD) to further improve accuracy and efficiency.
Several years' experience in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment
2D drafting skills, qualifications and experience
3D modelling skills, qualifications and experience
Solid Edge, Solidworks and other 3D applications skills, qualifications and experience
Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
Demonstrable experience of working within the water industry.
Ability to work in a busy manufacturing environment and to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
Excellent communication skills
No Agencies please
Please note that Blackburn Starling & Company Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.