To manage multiple projects with an assigned team, encourage continuous improvement and monitor quality of product and processes, motivate and manage staff, adhere to deadlines by prioritising activities and resources, lead and instigate team working to achieve Company objectives.
- To monitor performance of the team personnel under your direct control and encourage a continuous improvement culture within the Team.
- To ensure all relevant quality documentation is in place and that the Company Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation and Procedures are adhered to.
- To communicate effectively with the department chargehand, and the people under your control to ensure that the projects are progressing to plan and that agreed programme inspection and delivery dates are achieved.
- To supervise personnel in the production of a job ensuring that the correct labour is effectively employed at all times to meet cost targets.
- To maintain working practices and standards for the people under your control and to monitor them to ensure that they are operating within the established Company Procedures.
- To ensure that work is completed to customer’s satisfaction through liaison with the Engineering Departments and other Departments as necessary.
- To ensure that modifications have been complete (if requested) and that snags and any NCR points are cleared before despatch (including loose items such as fish plates and bolts etc.)
- Be able to deliver department toolbox talks and attend production planning meeting in the chargehands absence.
- Provide training to new and existing employees when required.
- Ensure a clean, tidy and safety working area.
You can apply for the above vacancy by completing a job application form and returning it to HR.
Closing date for applications is 30th June 2022.
No Agencies please
Blackburn Starling & Company Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.