Blackburn Starling is committed to develop and grow its business in a responsible and sustainable manner. To aid this objective we have implemented a number of policies and practices to ensure sourcing in accordance with internationally recognised social and ethical standards. As a UK based company using suppliers that source some of their products and components from overseas, we also require our suppliers to undertake / demonstrate the same working practices.
It is the company’s policy is to ensure that its labour standards meet the core international and ethical standards in line with the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact. By incorporating the Global Compact principles into strategies, policies and procedures the company ensures a principled approach to business in line with the fundamental responsibilities of human rights, labour, environment and anti corruption. The company has reviewed its policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015.Support and respect international human rights.
- Ensure the business is not complicit in human rights abuse.
- Uphold the freedom of association and recognise the right to collective bargaining.
- Eliminate forced or compulsory labour.
- Abolish child labour.
- Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment.
- Support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Work against all forms of corruption including extortion and bribery.
It has always been the company’s purchasing policy to deal with leading manufacturers and suppliers who are market leaders in their field and can offer a wide product range, up to date technical solutions, commercial acumen and give the overall service needed to support our supply chain requirements. Our purchasing decisions are made by considering the commercial, technical, financial, quality, reliability and services offered by our suppliers, and covers supplier evaluation, quality assurance and continuous support and communication.
We encourage closer working relationships, loyalty and trust with the common aim of contributing, through the supply chain, to the company’s ability to give the level of support and performance to satisfy our customers’ objectives.