A Brief Company History
Blackburn Starling & Company Ltd, founded in 1870, are a well-established and reputable leading manufacturer of reliable high-quality low voltage assemblies and control systems. The Company operates a customer focused, strong people-first culture, supplying a global market through industrial verticals including Aggregates, Energy from Waste, Oil & Gas (including on-shore and off-shore), Nuclear, Power Distribution, Process Industries, Solar Storage, Transportation & Water.
With a trading history of more than 150 years Blackburn Starling was founded in the 1870s, starting out as a small engineering business of Gresham Works in the center of Nottingham. In 1899 Blackburn Starling was incorporated as a limited company of electrical and mechanical engineers, steeplejacks & lightning conductor manufacturers and erectors. Electrical light installation contracts for London West End theatres followed in the early 1900’s leading into the manufacture and installation of ‘Blackburn, Starling & Co. Ltd’ stage lighting switchboards, shaping the electrical assemblies, switchgear and automation focus of the company today.
Now operating from a 4.5-acre purpose-built site situated on the outskirts of the city, full in-house facilities cover all aspects of metal fabrication, powder coat painting, design, manufacture, project management and automated control systems.