Due to continued growth an opportunity has arisen for a Test Engineer to join our production team. Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for the safe and thorough testing of each of Blackburn Starling products.
As a test engineer you will be responsible for: -
- Testing and fault finding of panel assemblies,
- Conducting Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT),
- Working from electrical schematics to ensure the safety and functionality of control panels and system.
- Working with LV systems.
- Working closely with the production, engineering, and site teams.
Qualifications / Preferred Skills
Ideally you will be electrically biased with an industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent, happy to jump on the tools when needed and be able to demonstrate experience of working within a test environment in the Motor Control Centre industry.
- Recognised industry qualifications.
- An ability to work from electrical schematics.
- Experience of discussing electrical matters.
- An ability to work with customer’s engineers, both verbal / written and face to face.
- A good understanding of site and workshop Health and Safety
- Exposure to electrical fitting or testing.
Ideally have experience or an understanding of Continuous Improvement tools, techniques, and problem resolution.
Excellent communication skills.
No Agencies please
Blackburn Starling & Company Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.