This is a really exciting high-profile role that will see you communicating with senior leaders and our directors. Are you a dynamic leader looking to work for a renowned organisation where you will be at the forefront of the company's growth and development plans, playing a key role in all engineering solutions.
On offer is a senior level management role within a market leading manufacturer where you will implement your own strategies, develop the automation department and directly impact company performance.
You will be leading a department which is working on complex control system projects to meet an agreed programme of works. Supporting the project leads during the design and software development stages, you will work in our office or work from home (hybrid working) managing the development of Functional Design Specification and PLC, HMI, SCADA software until the bench testing is completed. You will be engaging with both SI and LV engineering delivery teams and multiple client stakeholders.
In addition to the core disciplines involved in control and automation, the following technologies are of specific interest:
- Industrial Networking (IT/OT/DMZ)
- Broad IT knowledge (OS/DB/Networking)
- Operational Intelligence and Smart Data Analytics
- SCADA System Platforms and bespoke development
- Virtualisation (VMWare, HyperV)
- Server technologies
- Mobile Platforms
We are looking for a high calibre self-starter, control and automation professional, capable of operating at a high level within the company. This role requires an understanding of the project lifecycle from concept through to completion. Ensuring that the company retains its excellent reputation for our attention to detail and our ability to deliver the right solution for each and every client.
You will manage the efficient workload and progress of your team members and will work closely with the Project Managers to meet contractual project milestones. You will review the design documents and test the software developed by your team members.
Drive a culture of health and safety through leading by example, motivate others within the system integration environment and the wider business, to deliver effective communications and briefings including site inductions and regular Tool Box Talks for all resources visiting and working at our works.
Assist our tendering department with the generation of tenders and technical proposals as necessary including technical reviews of estimates, proposals completed by other engineers
Qualifications / Preferred Skills
- PLC and HMI software development using at least two manufacturers devices from Rockwell Automation, Siemens, Mitsubishi or Schneider.
- Experience with multiple communication protocols; EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, PROFIBUS DP and PA, Modbus TCP/IP
- Experience working with SCADA systems
- Knowledge and experience in virtual machines (VMWare)
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to act on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within and outside the organisation.
- Applicants must hold a full UK driving licence.
No Agencies please
Please note that Blackburn Starling & Company Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.